Thursday, January 10, 2008

Photo hunt

Well folks I'm on the hunt. I've officially decided to compile a portfolio. Most of the events I've decorated or pieces I've worked on have no photo documentation. Nat's wedding (the arches, flowerpots, submerged flowers or hanging grapevine lighting) decor would be a great example.

WHY did I not document??!

What do you all have? If you have a chance to muse the photo albums this weekend and shoot out a few of your fav's, I'd really appreciate any help.

I'm applying to be a freelance stylist at several studios and agencies. I'll apply for food stylist, Color Makeup, and Event styling for videos/photo/etc...

I'm excited.

11 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Rock on Sista!

1/11/08, 9:15 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

How did the interveiws go? You are so qualified to do this kind of stuff- it'll be a walk in the park!

1/16/08, 2:25 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

Babe, in sorting through tubs in the basement I ran across Nat's. His wedding album was on top. Maybe Erin could filch a few pics and scan them to you. Also, didn't you do Becca and Brad's wedding too? Maybe Nat has their phone number.

1/17/08, 6:04 AM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

Tell Erin, I'd way appreciate it! Nat's living out of bookbags and I've left a message with Jen and haven't heard back yet.

I'm waiting on the formal interviews - Looks like I have an "in" to soften up em up. One of Levi's co-workers, an ad exec, has already put a call in to see whats shaking and put a good word in for me. May be nothing, we'll see. I'm nervous as hell.

1/17/08, 8:11 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

Take the peace route - you got a choice. If you have to wait, why with your guts in an uproar? It won't make the wait more enjoyable. There IS a plan for your life one with a future and a HOPE! They should be so blessed to get you as an employee....Woman who oozes Creativity (that would be your Indian Name...hee,hee)

1/19/08, 6:44 AM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

It's been a good process, I'm just nervous because it's new. Just waiting on a lot of things currently. My uber-contact chatted it up yesterday and is calling the juiciest op. I've shifted my strategy after doing some research. The blanket-your-prospects approach is taking the back-burner. At this point, I'm heavily focusing on one heavy-hitting agency - Green Bay LOVES to give and get word o' mouth recommendations. I'm planning to wow them with confidence and beautiful work - and work from there! ;) Sounds re-re, but it works here.

1/23/08, 6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Relax. You're still you, regardless of others' abilities or inabilities to recognize that. Chillax, baby! It will happen when it's supposed to.

1/27/08, 7:36 AM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

It's hard to relax when I've been in poopy diaper land for 5 yrs. Just trying to gear my mind up from the fudge takes effort and focus, thus the nervous energy.
I know I can probably do/learn the work, but if it's based on my portfolio, it could be rough.

1/28/08, 6:37 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

what does re-re mean?

1/28/08, 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have 2 words to say: Heather Kuzmich. The little girl we babysat with augsberger syndrome turns into American's Top Model???

1/28/08, 7:02 PM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

beth, what's your email? I'll send you Brad and Beccas phone numbers if you still need them. You are not only capable but you are exceptional.

1/31/08, 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home