Exhibition of Drama



The Interior Architecture "200 Year Akademie der Bildenden Kuenste" exhibit opened officially in the Museum of Modern Art on Valentine's Day. We have been working on this exhibit, a room installation made of over a million zip ties, for months now. Everyone in the Dept. was involved in its construction but it was mainly an inspiration of those in higher semesters. In any case, a storm of criticism has ensued from all the major newspapers/media in southern Germany due to a resemblance to a Munich artist's work, which was displayed a few years ago in Austria. She's calling it plagiarism. All in all, many cruel things have been said and written, my professors went on talk shows, lawyers have been hired. Who knew? The official photos aren't available yet but here's a sneak peek which will give you the general idea of the thing.

8 Comments:
That is one labor intensive project! WoW! Will it be suspended or on the floor (or on a wall) If I'm seeing it right - are there huge globes within a netting?
Yeah, I did the same thing last year ... but with bow ties.
rick!!!
How can anyone make that claim? Everyone steals others ideas to some extent. Our brains are full of other people's ideas.
This is more intricate and extreme than i imagined. i want to see more.
Everything is hung from the ceiling but there are also long "arms" which attach to the floor and keep everything pulled taut.
Matthew,I don't have a phone near me today. I found a Mitfahrgelegenheit. We are leaving here at 6, I won't be home before 10.
I found one of those once. It took me hours to get it off my shoe.
Uncle Rick you are cracking me up-
Matthew, I am so sorry your extreme hours of work were not rewarded with the appreciation they should have been.
The project looks amazing even in these abridged photos.
Faith spoke my heart, Matthew, and if official photos are available we would like to see them. I would like to see the finished project no matter what the critics say -
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home