Nathanael with Robin and the Rainbows
This was a song from the first show I played with Robin and the Rainbows. You catch a brief glimpse of my studly tambourine skills in there.
A routing point for everything Balon related. THE BALON BLOGOSPHERE!!! (or kingston, kimball, fuson, schreiner... you get the picture)
9 Comments:
Kudos
We both liked the music too. It's fun.
MAD TAMBOURINE SKILLS MY BRO!
did they have you playing the set at all during the show?
not with this band, all percussion. This show was one of the most fun live shows I've had in a while. The truth is that I'm leaving the Thomas Ian Nicholas band because my friend the guitarist is leaving. It's a pretty big deal but my heart wasn't in the music so I needed to stop fooling myself. There are big changes on the musical horizon for me but I'm currently without a main gig.
What kind of music speaks to your heart? Are you talking lyrics or the music itself or some combo of both? Can you flesh out the "big changes" yet for us or is that a pot still stewing on the back burner?
Fun band. So very much like one of my old faves, The Kinks. And that's good heritage.
Do not fear change. Fear stasis. Well, protracted stasis.
I like to see and hear you play because i have a kindergardener music vocab. I connect with this! Very funky and cool. Do you like playing indoors or outdoors better?
I love and prefer the feel of this club which is impossible to see but just about perfect. It's the kind of room that accomplishes a healthy size stage situated in a small intimate room. For Uncle Rick, Powerman is one of my current favorite songs and it seems incredible to me that I just heard the song for the first time a month ago. The song plays a key role in a departure scene of Wes Andersons "The Darjeeling Limited."
There is a vast wealth of creativity and fun music in the pre-80's Kinks catalogue. I'm stoked that you discovered some. "Darjeeling" has come highly recommended - I need to make time for it. I heard the strains of "All the Young Dudes" in the trailers for "Juno," so there's another.
Yes, I favored some glam-rock in the earlier years. The Dudes intro is still a favorite to play on guitar.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home