Tuesday, February 05, 2008

So...um.....like

What's the deal? No one has blogged for like almost a month! Am I the only one to notice? Come on peeps.
laura

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

go ahead and make a turkey blog for us, and it will solve the problem instantly.

oh, wait you already did blog. so here I am on your blog about not blogging, posting a comment about your not blogging blog post.

2/5/08, 12:35 PM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

I should blog something interesting.

2/5/08, 12:58 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

Laura, you echoed my thoughts. I figured everyone was lost in their very busy worlds which must have gone into hyper-drive if there was no time to blog a line or two. Even on their own blogs there was slim pickins (I was checking). My excuse was unpacking and a long bi-lingual conference which although good was also mind-numbing. Marissa, I now understand your joy at being able to speak your first language ... speaking alot of Spanish puts me into brain freeze after awhile. So, Fam, whatcha been up to?

2/5/08, 4:28 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Yes, I like speaking my first language - I just got myself a new job (today!), teaching German to this business manager from South Carolina! He says he wanted someone who is experienced with Americans (and likes them)! Speaking of which... Did you guys hear in the news that Robert Gates wrote this weird letter to the German minister of defense, complaining about Germany not sending enough troops to Southern Afghanistan and asking him to send more? Ts Ts
Matthew and I are looking forward to a long semester break that's coming up soon (finals almost over! yeah!).
Matthew has been weaving together over a million zip ties with his co students for this exhibition...photos to follow.

2/6/08, 3:31 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

By the way - I am particularly interested in hearing from Bethany and from Nathanael. Post something!

2/6/08, 3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've chalked the drought up to post-Christmas stress syndrome (PCSS) and wrestling with New Year's dreadsolutions.
For what it's worth, it's real wet here. Gray, too. And wet. Oddly, it's not bothering me. I am learning to wash between webbed toes.

2/6/08, 6:47 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Yes, our exhibit needs to be finished up this week so we are running around like chickens with heads cut off etc.

Today I met a neighbor in the hall and he addressed me with typical politeness; "Excuse me, what do you think your doing here?"
Response, "Umm, I live here".
Ah German manners...

2/6/08, 9:32 AM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

I've finally settled in my 7' x12'x4' living space. I oddly enough don't need much more room for a closet office and bedroom. Pics to follow.

2/6/08, 10:55 AM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

my new 7x12x4 living space.

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x14/nathanael1000/my%20place/

let me know if photobucket won't let you in!

2/6/08, 11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

which of those dimensions represent the height?

2/6/08, 11:30 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

no dice, Nat...they make you sign in! im dying to see :-P

2/6/08, 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't have to sign in

2/6/08, 12:12 PM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

holly, talk to your husband. I might be hard to tell but the ceiling height measures a staggering 4'2" tall.

2/6/08, 2:47 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

So, Nat, basically you spend a lot of time on your knees ... not necessarily praying. However, I will be spending a lot of my time praying that YOU will get a place you can stand up in!

2/6/08, 8:40 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

I found my way to your pics. You realize, Nat, that you are living the Balon Sibling Dream ... to live in the Christmas Cubbyhole. It does look cozy and the blind option goes a long way in eliminating claustrophobia. You've made much out of little! BRAVO - there may be a book in this experience!

2/6/08, 9:14 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

It's cozy!

2/7/08, 9:53 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

Very Ali ben baba- just pretend your a sheik and ride your camel to all your shows. talk about a rockstar 'presence'.

speaking of rocks, your closet is awesome and thats a lot of pants.

2/8/08, 9:38 AM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

pants are what I wear best! I actually only wear about three pairs on a regular basis, the rest are for show. I should seriously think about the camel thing because the hipsters here act like they've seen everything. I'll show them.

2/8/08, 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nat, I bet you'd only need to take that camel to about 3 or 4 shows and you would get 1) articles written about you in the paper and 2) tons of solicitations for bands needing drummers.

Just hang a sign over the camel that says "will drum for food"

2/8/08, 12:03 PM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

Just a wierd LA side note. Last night I was dancing next to Jerry rice and Boyz II Men. This is a bizarre town.

2/8/08, 12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matthew and I think that it is such a shame that L.A. is so far away!!! If we'd go to one of your shows we would stage dive.

We still haven't heard from Bethany, have we? Where are you?

2/10/08, 5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photobucket let me in, but there were no pics of your "cell." Actually, I had to search for your name and then it got me to 3 pages of 52 photos total. Got a different site?

2/11/08, 9:10 AM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

You were almost there cluncky. Go back to my orginal page and on the left you will see:

Germany Christmas
My Place

Click on My Place and you're in the promised land.

2/11/08, 6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! Of course, this time, the copy/paste worked just fine.
You've made a good case for why God made plywood. Question: Did you prep this space yourself, or was it in place for you to inhabit?
I see a lot of clean edges and hyper-utilization of space.

2/12/08, 8:19 AM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

Bro, I love it. btw, if you need a camel, I'm sure I could fetch one from here and boat it over to you. I heard they have some sweet camels in Eastern Turkey over by Ararat or somewhere,
z

2/16/08, 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home