Friday, March 14, 2008

I don't have gas

In attempt to stay up to date on what's going on in the USA, I often read the news online. This morning I read a sensationalized article that gas prices are thought to hit a whopping $4.00 a gallon in California and Hawaii soon. I checked on the gas prices here in Munich and converted them into dollars. We're at $10.00 a gallon right now. Now that's whopping...

What's it costing where you're at?

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Bout $3.35/gal. Smart Cars are just now becoming available here. An electric or hybrid-only dealership has opened on the Portland eastside and hybrid sales, in general, are as high here as anywhere else.
It's going to get nothing but crazier as we have passed the point of "peak oil."
Get out ahead of the pack and start looking for ways to get out from under the oil fist.

3/14/08, 8:10 AM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

Yeah Matthew we are with you. Not trying to win any bragging rights (believe me!) but Turkey has the highest gas in the world right now. We are about $10 a gallon too. We just filled our car tank and it cost $120 USD!!!!!!!! OUCH. Needless to say we don't drive that much.
laura

3/16/08, 11:03 AM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

$3.50 in LA which is just shy of the highest in the country which is San Francisco at $3.55. I'm buying a motorcycle to free myself from the grip of American Oil Consumption. I only wish I lived in a town where I didn't have to travel so far to go anywhere. I guess Faith has me beat on that point though. A new trend among my friends that are touring is the vegetable oil diesel combos on their vans. Apparently they get better gas mileage pulling a full trailer than they used to with an empty van.

3/16/08, 2:18 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

$10 = $10

3/17/08, 1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the smell of french fries when I'm following one of those veg-oil diesels. That's a growing trend here in Rainland, as well.

3/17/08, 11:09 AM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

Personally, I believe our choice has faaar outstretched all attempts at Balon green-ness. We put harnesses on our children and have them pull us around Green Bay in a special green and gold cart(Packers colors of course). I've heard this toughens the rascals up. Besides I'm sick of the cabin-fever whining.

3/19/08, 6:33 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Nothing like a little child labor-Connie was always a big advocate of that. She had this eight-year-old neighbor who thought he was 53 and pretty much managed the place. He had a riding lawn mower with trailer and everything, an aspiring gym teacher to be...

3/19/08, 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The local squirrels are no longer chewing into our eaves. Nope, they're all locked up in the basement on treadmills, powerin' up the new big screen we brought home in the Hummer last week. Yee AND ha!

3/22/08, 8:05 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

When did you get the Hummer???? It does seem to fit your style though, you Urban Commando you.

3/22/08, 8:46 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

we're hatin the $3.45.
It makes all of our massive SUV's adn oversize pickups sooooooo expensive to drive.

3/22/08, 8:46 AM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

Rick It's neon yellow isn't it? I hope you didn't fall for that H2 or H3 business, you need the original. At 6 miles to the gallon it's a real mans truck. Practicality has nothing to do with it.....except for the dividends it pays in street credit.

3/23/08, 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home