Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dad.

I think it's kind of funny how are relationship has developed over the years. I feel like we haven't taken the usual course but am encouraged by the path we're on. Most kids think their dad is their hero when they are young and haven't had a chance to see his weaknesses. In their naivety they assume he is bigger than the world. In my case I never went through this phase. Dad you weren't my hero when I was growing up, I didn't really have one. Where our story is different is in the fact that in my mid twentys you are more of a hero and source of real inspiration for me than you have ever been before. You truly have become an example that I study and apply to my life. I pray that I can one day match the level of sacrifice you displayed in raising us and be as inspiring in my 60's as you are bound to become. I love you and appreciate you in greater measure each day. I wish I could give you a hug right now.

Nathanael

5 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

I love to hear your thoughts, Nat. Dad big smooches and hug from chitown. You have blessed me and are still a blessing!

6/17/08, 8:08 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

Dad is more of a one-on-one communicator than a blogger, but I want you guys to know, he was really touched - words of affirmations is his first love language...

6/18/08, 6:59 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

mom, you're trianguling. Did i spell that right? But i know your heart.

6/18/08, 10:50 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Ok, Hols, what does triangling mean? Educate me, girl. (I hope it doesn't mean I'm trying to say something that should be left for the other person to say...yeah, it probably does... sigh..)

6/19/08, 8:30 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

I always want to triangle chad...:-p

6/30/08, 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home