my work.
I've been working on an art gallery in chinatown for two months now and wanted to give you guys an idea of how it turned out and the process. I worked on it with my friend Jeremy Mora and Kasia Pawluskiewic who are amazing artists. Here is the link to Jeremys company blog which has pictures and video of all three phases. Enjoy!!!
http://povevolving.blogspot.com/
http://povevolving.blogspot.com/

25 Comments:
What a great video!!! Many questions: Does the white suit make you dance cool? Can I get one? ---- Do all the carpenters in LA dress as swifty as you do? Valpo could use some help in that department. --- Last but not least, is that a ten-penny nail haning out of your mouth (masquerading as a ciggie) or is it a real ciggie and should we be praying for your salvation? ;)
Good to see you! You seem to be doing great, or? We miss you. It's a shame we haven't talked/skyped lately.
LOVE the pseudo-Chinese grill work. Love it. Chinoiserie to the next level. Very cool. A gallery with a gallery is a nice touch too. I also thoroughly enjoyed the video. And Mom's right, it's nice to see a carpenter without (as Connie Bowman would say) butt cleavage for once. Hope the opening goes well.
Very entertained by the video. Seems like fun people and fun work. I love to see you go for it.
Real Ciggie, start praying!!!!!
the second I've had in 11 years.
You know this could be the new rage: Work Videos instead of Work-out Videos --- for a paycheck that just keeps on paying. But names, we need something catchy...
Your wood-butchery technique appeared flawless in approach with respect to process sequencing and strength factors. You've snatched the pebble from the hand.
nat you've always been a hottie
yes hols, i must agree, the balon boys are the hottest in the world! And I got ONE! Lucky me!!!!!
Nat, am I just clueless or did you just get a tat????????????
laura
I'm so glad to be an honorary balon boy (ever since our ritual of the bands around the fire, I've been one)
that means I'm one of the hottest in the world too
This comment has been removed by the author.
The tattoo is fairly new (august of 2006) but we haven't spent that much time together since then so it's understandable. And Carchunkle, It's taken many years of studying kung-fu carpentry to reach my level and it's nice to see someone appreciates it. The pebble truly has been snatched.
dude is it just me or is the suspender thing coming back into fashion..... or are you going for the uncle eric look? if so , i think you need to drink some more beer.
gotta go
**rushes out to buy suspenders**
l.
I'm definitely loving the suspenders these days, you should definitely rush. I've been really dedicating myself to the whole beer thing but i'm not getting the results in my midsection that I want, what am I doing wrong?
That's easy. You're too active. You need to slow down and drink more. Remember: if there's a beer in your hand, you should be sitting down. Or lying down. Always drink more the later it gets so that you go to sleep, or pass out, on a full stomach. Also, it helps to engage in 2-3 Fourthmeals at least 3-4 times a week. One month of this and I guarantee that you'll get the spreading results you desire. As a bonus, your plumber's butt will magically appear, as well!
You can thank me later.
You guys are all stinkin hilarious. I love it.
Nat, the vids are pretty sweet as is the art.
btw, once us balon boys figure out how to master the beer belly, we must figure out how to obtain sausage fingers. It has always been a life goal of mine you know.
z
I don't even want to get started on that! That's another long road strewn with pain and disappointment.
If you want I can get you that one kid's e-mail address who gained 40 pounds in the course of his year as an exchange student in the U.S. (He is one of my youngest brother Simon's closest friends.)
He holds the key to me achieving everything that matters to me right now.
Nat, just move up here to Munich-on-the-Columbia. We've got more microbreweries per capita than any where else in the U.S. Maybe the world, I'm not sure. You can hang a lip right on the tap and go until you reach your desired girth. There is also a small town just outside of the city entirely devoted to sausage. It would be heaven for you.
Yeah, in Portland you could really chunk up!
Oh yes! Contact him now. Together you will develop an efficient one-year-4-step-plan of how Taco Bell can SUPERSIZE YOU. Get phantastic deals on Xtra large meals and save another 30% with free refills. bla bla
Good luck for your metamorphosis.
Mum has just one thing to say: "NO FAT BOYS!" - (of course you know this is couched in the most loving terms I can think of)
I loved the video- Nat you truly do amazing things so naturally. Like drumming a beat in your mind while designing some crazy wooden Chinese door awning. amazing.
Except the v-neck. Too deep Nat, too deep.
And I still haven't bought any granpa boat shoes. That'll have to wait til 2009.
Boat shoes....did I ever tell you the story of Grandpa Schreiner's boat shoes? The ones he wore so much he finally wore holes in the toes? And he loved them so much he just kept wearing them and washing them and wearing them and washing them until the holes were so frayed they almost joined?
Nat, you and your grandpa share more than a hairline ... how he had looked forward to knowing you guys ... He was one quality guy, another man of integrity.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home