Christmas, already?
Marissa and I have been playing with the idea of spending Christmas here this year and just wanted to see if anyone wanted to get 'on board' with that plan. As far as I know Zach and Laura as well as Faith and Ron will be in Valpo for Thanksgiving, that means that could be the Balon family meeting-up-at-the-Holidays time. Mom and Dad, we were thinking maybe we could pay for one of your flights or something. In any case, I thought if we plan in advance it would make it easier to budget etc. I realize those of you with kids aren't quite as flexible (financially and otherwise) but I wanted to give you the heads up anyways.
Just a thought, so let me know what YOU think.
Just a thought, so let me know what YOU think.

11 Comments:
can you provide some links to the cheapest airfare you've found going back and forth? anyplace good to look? if bought in advance, what do tickets to munich look like per person? any tricks?
Matt, to clarify... It sounds like you are saying that M&M might be in Munich for Christmas and Valpo for Thanksgiving? You are thinking Z&L will be in Valpo for Thanksgiving and the Kingstons in Valpo at Thanksgiving. As far as I know MOm and Dad are returning to Valpo in August to stay. Are you asking for one of them to fly to Munich? Chad and I are planning to be in Valpo for Christmas but if everyone goes to Thanksgiving instead, we would focus on that as the balon time.
I WANT TO COME!!! I of course have no idea if i'm going to be home long enough around christmas to warrant a trip but I would love to. The seed has been planted!
To clarify, We would not be coming to the States at all this year. My idea is that all the Balons, Fusons, Kimballs, Kinsgstons, etc. could meet up in Valpo for Thanksgiving and then spend Christmas either with the other side or come to Germany. Basically I was trying to find a way for you guys to all see each other during the Holidays.
We would like to fly one of the parentals out (that is most likely all we could afford). Of course we'd want them both to come but that is a questions of finances. I thought maybe they could spring for the other ticket or something.
All just ideas at this point.
I am seriously looking at a trip to Germany over Christmas. HOwever I don't know what would happen with Thanksgiving at that point. I would probably leave the kids with Ron and et some good non-kid relating time with M$M since I haven't seen them in two years.
I can recomend: http://www.1800flyeurope.com
http://www.cheaptickets.com
http://www.priceline.com
For whatever reason the flights where you'd stay over a longer period seem to be less money. Also Tuesdays and Thursdays are the cheapest days to fly. My only other tip would be to go for the no-name smaller websites. I've often had good luck there as opposed the ones everyone knows like 'travelocity'. In general a round-trip flight out of Chicago costs betwenn $600-$800
he cheapest I could find (i did exclude the Polish airlines - they allow chickens and goats)was cheap tickets.com the biggie on sm and lg sites are the taxes (same price as the tickets!) all in all the cheapest I found was $611 incl all fees.
B
it won't get any cheaper than that
On which site did you find those tickets, Beth?
I've found a cheaper solution. I have heard that if you have a good back you can work a Tuna ship and cross the Atlantic that way.
Cost $47
Ay Ay Maity
Well, at least you would hit the shore sporting your own "designer scent"...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home