Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Kangaroos - Up Close and Personal











This afternoon the clouds parted and Dad and I left with a young family we know to go see the Australian Animals - wombats, emus, ostriches, dingos, crocodiles and of course, the kangaroos and their little joeys. Here's a couple of pics and a little video clip. (Dad's hair stood on end just for the pictures...)




8 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

How cool is that!

They seem so tame, so laid back, so, well, cuddly. Now that's a petting zoo, no lame sheep or goats...

7/15/09, 7:40 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Yes, well, they're not so cuddly out in the outback ... what I didn't show you were their long claws at the end of their feet nor any really big ones who when standing on their hind feet would be as tall as your father... yeeh! However, these were really tame and all of them had soft, soft fur.

7/15/09, 5:22 PM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

New word added to Caleb's vocab:
Kanganaroo

7/18/09, 7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad is sporting the faux-hawk!! I never thought I'd see the day ;)
I can't wait to show the kids these phtoso - they are going to go cray-zay!!

Mom - Instead of mailing the purse, I'm going to send it back with Sara (after I ask her...) since she'll be up here. But I am sending a few more back with a few more. Hit a mini jackpot that could set you up for school. I love you!!

B

7/20/09, 6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a question. Why do they have chickens at petting zoos? Chickens hate people. I'm sure they'd peck teh eyes from our children if there wasn't teh threat of a neck-wringing...

B

7/20/09, 8:02 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

The chickens were for "looking" - not so much for actual "petting". Oh and Matthew, yes, there were also sheep and goats who had a lot of horns on their heads....and one lonely pale, pink pig. Kids in Australia don't realize we consider all the other animals exotic.

7/21/09, 2:41 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Beth - will be looking forward to meeting up with the Bag Lady!

7/21/09, 10:21 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

We also saw some wombats, and I petted a dingo...they make a strange moaning/howling sound but don't bark...I can't forget the Seinfeld episode where Elaine says..."The dingo ate your baby...." We went south to a beautiful coastal town called Augusta...mom is going to post some pics...Two weeks more here than on to LA where we are going to visit Nathanael for a few days...we are having some wonderful ministry times...ministered to about 30 city ministry leaders last week...this Sunday we are going to a church pastored by a Nigerian...
Missing and loving all of you!
- dad

7/22/09, 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home