A routing point for everything Balon related. THE BALON BLOGOSPHERE!!!
(or kingston, kimball, fuson, schreiner... you get the picture)
Sunday, November 15, 2009
My weekend
I seriously can't believe that this was my weekend only 4 hours from 80 degree downtown LA. That tree is called General Sherman and is the largest in the world. It is 32' in diameter and rises like a column for 130' before it's first branch starts. California blows my mind sometimes.
Incredible views! If I ever visit down there, can we go THERE? Coincidently, I was having a similar experience on Friday! Crunching through snow a few thousand feet up. Good times!
What an amazing blog we have. We get to see the world through the eyes of all of you. I love it. What a fabulous time that must have been. I can see Tommy rockin those mountains one day, after Wyoming, he's in love with his "mountain boots".
Wow-oh-wow. Those shots of the clouds draped over the mountains remind me of the ones Zach took in the Himalayas! And here we have the same views in Cali (But they don't have Gen. Sherman, no sir-ee...) Is there a way I can get any of those pics off the blog? I'm thinking they would look pretty nice as the background on my computer. So glad to see that you got out of the city to enjoy a little nature, Nathanael.
Funny side note: we had a bunch of friends over recently and sitting in the living room is a picture of all of us kids taken on the front porch. So I asked my friends who they thought was the oldest and the order they came up with was (from oldest to youngest): Nat Beth Faith Zach Me Holly
They guessed Holly to be 15. Nothing like looking about 20 years younger....
10 Comments:
Incredible views! If I ever visit down there, can we go THERE? Coincidently, I was having a similar experience on Friday! Crunching through snow a few thousand feet up. Good times!
So gorgeous there. You look like Gen Sherman yourself - are you actually 2 feet taller than your friends?
What an amazing blog we have. We get to see the world through the eyes of all of you. I love it. What a fabulous time that must have been. I can see Tommy rockin those mountains one day, after Wyoming, he's in love with his "mountain boots".
Wow-oh-wow. Those shots of the clouds draped over the mountains remind me of the ones Zach took in the Himalayas! And here we have the same views in Cali (But they don't have Gen. Sherman, no sir-ee...) Is there a way I can get any of those pics off the blog? I'm thinking they would look pretty nice as the background on my computer. So glad to see that you got out of the city to enjoy a little nature, Nathanael.
Gorgeous. Looks like a great time.
Bro, you don't even know how jealous I am. That looks so nice about now. I'm glad you had the opportunity to get out of the city.
Funny side note: we had a bunch of friends over recently and sitting in the living room is a picture of all of us kids taken on the front porch. So I asked my friends who they thought was the oldest and the order they came up with was (from oldest to youngest):
Nat
Beth
Faith
Zach
Me
Holly
They guessed Holly to be 15. Nothing like looking about 20 years younger....
yea when my beard gets really large people usually think she's my daughter
here are the order of conversation topics with strangers:
1. how holly is not my daughter
2. how do I get my hair to do that (only white folks ask this)
3. how cute my kids are
4. why do we have a black child
ill remember that everytime I stare at my ever widening pores and crow's feet... ha ha
Aw, Nat, in person you would be sure to assume your rightful position!!!!!
Chad, I'm telling you --- you've gotta shave the hair and let those youthful lips shine forth!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home