Monday, September 26, 2011

Down history lane

 

 

 

 

 


Grandpa Schreiner and Homer built the little house and it was known to mom as "Grandma's house" ...two doors down from her own house...the blue and white one. Bethan stands on a rock wall just as Mom did when she was little...she remembers playing in that front yard with a neighbor boy. The well and stone grill are still there that Grandpa S. made...
Dad and MOm, Faith and Eli and my three kids and I took this trip to 5th street, Laporte today.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous MowedUncle said...

I am completely stunned! They have the forest I always dreamed of having. Instead, I mowed. And mowed. And, wait for it,----mowed!

9/27/11, 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Youngcle said...

I didn"t recognize that rock wall! It used to be stout and mortared together very solidly. It belonged to the Hansons, across the street. Spent many hours sitting on a comfortably projecting, particular rock in that wall. Once took a facial into a cinder block on the sidewalk in front of that wall.

9/30/11, 10:30 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

That's what Mom was wondering too- what happened to all the mortar? The rocks are still there, but not the "wall".

10/1/11, 3:18 PM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

What a cool idea! Thx for posting the pics.

10/3/11, 6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home