Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Let's get together in August 2012!


Family: we have been talking about the idea of getting together for a family reunion on the West Coast next summer in the first week of August. So far it is just an idea.

Advantages:
- getting to know a new part of the country
- getting to know Nathanael's home
- possibility of Uncle Rick joining us?
- lower travel costs for Zach and Laura, Nathanael and Uncle Rick
Disadvantages:
- higher travel costs for Kimballs, Fusons, Mom and Dad
- people need to know by early spring (Feb./Mar.) at the latest, so they can start saving

Opinions?
M. and M.

16 Comments:

Blogger wyofaith said...

We're in like flynn! I would really love to make this happen if at all possible. I'd REALLY love to see Nat's turf, and him in his natural environs!I think my fam could find some good deals being that we're flying into LAX; I'll have to start searching. What about housing though? Nat? any input?

10/18/11, 6:49 PM  
Anonymous chad said...

I'd be open to it.

Ron and Faith, how about we meet you in wyoming for a few days and then all road trip to Cali together?

know anyone with a 5th wheel? It'll be grapes of wrath all over again. Minus the death, starvation, and oppression.

10/18/11, 8:01 PM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

I think it sounds fun too,,,,but curious...are we thinking more city action or heading to the mountains or beachside? SO many options in California,,,,BUT,,,,,it is definitely not as affordable as the midwest.

Those are Zach and my old stomping grounds too....man it would be fun to go back to the beach where he proposed!

laura

10/18/11, 9:35 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

God has gotten us some unbelievable deals in the past for this event. If that's the place we're supposed to be, it'll work out.

10/19/11, 5:42 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

chad that is so funny....

10/19/11, 11:55 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

I myself would be interested in doing and seeing it all!!! I'm talking maps of the B-list Hollywood star's homes, beaches, hiking, N's world....there's about a gazillion interesting architectural things to see around LA too.

10/19/11, 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Uncle Hadji said...

I'm planning on going to Thailand next summer to scrub elephant's butts, but don't know the timing yet. Of the trip, not the scrubbing.
I'll look into it some more.

10/20/11, 12:07 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

Hadj! You got to be kidding me! You haven't seen me since I was 9! I've gotten much fatter and a little dumber since then! Surely that would be better than an elephant's butt. Oh yeah, I just set myself up for that one.

10/20/11, 5:59 PM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

Matthew and I are going to tour Brittany's house.
Chad- i'm DOWN with the road trip- i'd even be ok with a little starvation and death as long as we could travel with you guys.

10/20/11, 6:01 PM  
Anonymous chad said...

death and starvation 2012 here we come!

10/20/11, 7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is my offer to lure everyone to the most amazing corner of this fair land. If the family commits to coming here I will pay for the housing. I'm sure everyone will have input but I've got some very good ideas. I learned a lot at the last family reunion and I'm fully prepared to host this thing.

•please note that my housing offer does not mean everyone sleeping on the floor of my loft. I'm thinking mini castle in Malibu.

10/21/11, 6:41 PM  
Blogger levi fuson said...

it has to have a jacuzzi and a full size olympic size swimming pool, i like a bottle of chardonnay in my suite every evening at 6:25pm sharp. oh yeah, and i need the salt content in the ocean taken down a little that week... its bad for my complexion.

if you can handle all of that, then... were in...

10/22/11, 2:08 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Yeah! Sounds like we are all for it then, right? Zach and Laura, please confirm.

10/23/11, 4:23 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

i think the plan is a good idea...i was for it from the beginning; however, we may have to be a last minute commitment ... and see how our girl is adjusting

10/23/11, 8:45 PM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

we are game. Are we thinking late July / early August?

11/2/11, 5:00 AM  
Anonymous Uncle Dude said...

I have a month of work from July 15 to August 15. I'm planning on the elephant butt trip for June and was hoping to keep the August time open. Plan away and I'll see what I can do. I may be able to do a Korea trip again, as well, which might change dates a bit, though it seems to fall at that time, too. Dude can't catch a break.

11/10/11, 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home