Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rental House

You know how I said we had a feeling God was going to bring us a house to rent? That we didn't have to go out and beat the bushes to find it? We had driven around in the beginning just to get a sense of what the market was like but that was back in Sept. before we even knew we had the job for sure. Dad really wanted to live on the lake, but it was a little outrageous to buy and the rental units were shacks. I didn't care where we rented but I told God what I would like in the house (well, He asked.....) I said a sunporch, a deck or front porch, a fireplace, closets and bookcases. So Saturday someone mentioned a couple they knew had a house to rent on the lake (read $$$). It turned out that Dad had counseled their son just this past week. We hooked up with them today after church. When they said "on the lake" they weren't kidding. Now the house is not alot to write home about, but the living room is large and its view out the front is fantastic - framed by a large maple tree that Mrs. Carpenter says turns peachy yellow in the fall. And it has: a fireplace (albeit gas), a deck on the front that has that fantastic view, a sunporch (only for warm weather) a LOT of closets. No bookcases but lots of room for the portable kind. We're going to talk more with them because the place is full of rental unit-type furniture, but she doesn't see any problem moving it to one of their other houses if we provide the muscle to do it. I am hoping the people at church REALLY like us and REALLY like to move furniture. We would even have our own dock. So y'all can bring down your big inboards and we can ski the summer away. And the price is exactly what we are asking the Geans to pay to rent our house here in Valpo....can ya believe it?

10 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

wow mom! alot has come together so quick! i have so many questions but well talk soon!

11/20/11, 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Captain Brother said...

I'll drag the Chris-Craft over.

11/21/11, 8:54 AM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

CHris-craft'll make ya jump! jump! Wait, am I the only one who knows that song?

11/21/11, 10:26 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Babe, we're talking about a boat...as in an "old boat"....

11/21/11, 5:44 PM  
Anonymous Cap'nUncleBrother said...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

11/22/11, 10:15 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

Sounds so fantastic!
Water+Trees+snow=Faith wants to be there. What I saw of LaPorte was so pretty. I'm glad this worked out so well.

11/22/11, 2:10 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Nothing like waking up to a lake everyday. Sounds great.
Now if I only knew what an inboard was....

11/23/11, 10:05 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Boats come in two ways: with their motor sticking out where all can see it and with it covered inside the boat i.e. an "inboard".

@Rick: Not a bad thing at all, I wish I had that "old boat" now that it looks like I'll have someplace to dock it!

11/23/11, 2:22 PM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

a lakehouse would be officially awesome.

12/1/11, 12:58 AM  
Anonymous YUNCLE said...

For those who've never heard, our boat was called the "CinRick." Sweet little Chris inboard behind which Granny used to cut up some serious waves. Picture tHAT!

12/3/11, 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home