They're headed out.....
Chad and Holly are headed for Ethiopia today- I can't imagine the rush, the fears, the excitement that they are feeling. Let's pray for them- that they would be able to relax and enjoy this first meeting, that they wouldn't feel overwhelmed with trying to make sure everything is right, and they would meet someone over there connected with the adoption who would help them with all they are feeling and doing.
I can't believe this is really happening- are we as a family ready to adopt this little one? I think I am! She will be part of us, part of the locking arms within a family in which a member is never let go or forgotten. I think that's such a special thing and I hope after time she feels that safe, encircling band. We are looking for you, Aziza!
I can't believe this is really happening- are we as a family ready to adopt this little one? I think I am! She will be part of us, part of the locking arms within a family in which a member is never let go or forgotten. I think that's such a special thing and I hope after time she feels that safe, encircling band. We are looking for you, Aziza!

8 Comments:
You really expressed our heart for this little one, Faith! Will be keeping C & H in our prayers. Also think of Bethan. Yesterday she was having a bit of a hard time with the idea of C&H being gone so long, although being a part of her Aunt Amy's One Room Schoolhouse might help take her mind off of it, surrounded with her cousins. I talked to B. about how this was part of the "price" of getting a new little sister (having Mom & Dad gone) and she answered, "But it's SO worth it!!!" God bless her.
Love what you are offering, too! Full family love and acceptance. I have them leaving on my calendar on Saturday tho - did I miss something? (If so, I'm bummed - we worked so hard to get those notebooks done and they were to arrive today - at the latest tomorrow...)
thanks for the prayers and kind words... we're sitting in the airport right now almost ready to get on the plane. we'll be hanging with zach tomorrow and then heading down to ethiopia...
beth re: the notebooks, we'll be going again in a couple months we can take them then... thanks so much for working so hard on those!
We are so excited for you guys! What an amazing life experience! We hope you have fun in Turkey (Istanbul?) too. Love you!
Had a way cool time with Chad and Hols in Istanbul and it was just crazy to think that they were going to go see their little girl. It was all hitting me that we will have a little black baby in our family. How cool is that.
Suddenly, I'm thinking I need to get out my Amharic phrase sheet and start memorizing! She'll be here before we know it and I want to be able to talk to her and be understood....
God answered the prayer about meeting someone who wd help with all we are feeling and doing...two couples were from Him for me--they helped me laugh, get perspective and have hope...
Go safely and surely. Bring that little flower and replant her in in your loving garden.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home