A routing point for everything Balon related. THE BALON BLOGOSPHERE!!!
(or kingston, kimball, fuson, schreiner... you get the picture)
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Kazmairstrasse 24
Living room looking into the bedroom. . The other side of the living room. . The "Kitchen" with a door leading to the outside hallway Our desk under the loft bed. The bedroom with the piano to the right.
I know your apartment looks old from the outside but the inside looks new - great combo. One question, where do you eat meals? Or are you both so busy with schools that you're foregoing food this semester????
Cindy, we usually eat on the floor! Sometimes on the couch. I wish you could see our bathroom, too. It is as wide as the shower which means that they had to angle the toilet otherwise you couldn't fit your knees when you sit down. ha ha
I love the solution with the loft bed, what a blessing, it was only 50$ including the mattress. We found it online.
In need of some design counsel. In Jan we will be moving into an off-white house (including tile floors) very light, but very colorless. Cannot do primary screaming Mexican colors. Love to visit them, can't live 24/7 with them. Is it possible to meld French with beach? Am finding I have an affection for palm trees. Favorite colors right now: lavender, black/brown, citrusy greens, light aqua. May be able to fit in a run to Ikea between Christmas and New Year's. Any and all ideas would be appreciated. Give you something to think about besides what you want Santa to bring you! Kisses all around.
You can do it, think 'Provencal'. I would imagine southern France and Mexico must look something similar, apart from the whole "jungle" part. I'm researching...
I like stuffed animals. Remember the interiors of that Polish place in Chicago? Something like that would be a nice contrast to the Mexican color overload.
Or super bold tiger stripes and red velvet. it just screams, Where's my 4 foot gold lamp?? Put an Eiffel tower in the john and it's a Las Vegas "Parisian"suite.
Large cloth panels, in a print or design that you can live with, will take a plain wall room and transform it in both mood and light play. Big plus is that they are easily changeable and reusable. Use of different panels in one room? Why not? Trade panels between rooms to alter feel and flow of the living space. Cheaper than Bill Gates' whole-wall video screens, yet quite variable just the same.
OK ... this personality is one that has never showed it's face before. And here I was sure there were only thirteen.
I love Uncle Rick's idea- Like moveable wallpaper/massive art pieces. Also what about more of an arizona palette (No! NOT peach and turqouise with howling coyotes in bandanas!) there are some GREAT earthy colors out there.
Chocolate lavendar and lime is always a pleasing combo.
Mexico is THE PLACE for iron and copper worked items- also can be worked into a frenchy theme....
Please, someone take the Las Vegas Parisien Suite outside and shoot it directly between it's eyes... I bet, Beth, that down deep you REALLY want a room like that but know you'd never live it down in this family...uh huh...fess up Girl.
All other ideas noted and appreciated. One question, Marissa, are you leaning towards fuzzy pink teddy bears or 7' stuffed elk carcasses? ...just wondering.
Well, now that I have lived in Turkey 8 months or so, I have picked up on their interior decorating tastes and I really think you should adopt them: A bright red Turkey flag and a picture of Ataturk. They are absolutely everywhere here and I'm sure they would look lovely in your new home.
Matthew, btw, I can't believe your apartment is only 38 m2. That is nuts. I think the average over here is like 110. My hats off to you guys. zdogbroness
What's crazy is; some of my co-students are paying 500 Euros and upwards (about 700 dollars) for 30m². Munich is simply exspensive. Someone was saying the other day that Munich is the most exspensive city in the world, but I don't really believe that...
19 Comments:
That's the grand tour of 38 square meters.
I know your apartment looks old from the outside but the inside looks new - great combo. One question, where do you eat meals? Or are you both so busy with schools that you're foregoing food this semester????
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy, we usually eat on the floor! Sometimes on the couch.
I wish you could see our bathroom, too. It is as wide as the shower which means that they had to angle the toilet otherwise you couldn't fit your knees when you sit down. ha ha
I love the solution with the loft bed, what a blessing, it was only 50$ including the mattress. We found it online.
It looks so spacious and clean! Way to go with the modern, uncluttered, our-artistic-drapes-say-it-all look!
I AM in love with drapes. They were a splurge.
In need of some design counsel. In Jan we will be moving into an off-white house (including tile floors) very light, but very colorless. Cannot do primary screaming Mexican colors. Love to visit them, can't live 24/7 with them. Is it possible to meld French with beach? Am finding I have an affection for palm trees.
Favorite colors right now: lavender, black/brown, citrusy greens, light aqua. May be able to fit in a run to Ikea between Christmas and New Year's. Any and all ideas would be appreciated. Give you something to think about besides what you want Santa to bring you! Kisses all around.
You can do it, think 'Provencal'. I would imagine southern France and Mexico must look something similar, apart from the whole "jungle" part. I'm researching...
I like stuffed animals. Remember the interiors of that Polish place in Chicago? Something like that would be a nice contrast to the Mexican color overload.
Or super bold tiger stripes and red velvet. it just screams, Where's my 4 foot gold lamp?? Put an Eiffel tower in the john and it's a Las Vegas "Parisian"suite.
Large cloth panels, in a print or design that you can live with, will take a plain wall room and transform it in both mood and light play. Big plus is that they are easily changeable and reusable. Use of different panels in one room? Why not? Trade panels between rooms to alter feel and flow of the living space. Cheaper than Bill Gates' whole-wall video screens, yet quite variable just the same.
OK ... this personality is one that has never showed it's face before. And here I was sure there were only thirteen.
I love Uncle Rick's idea- Like moveable wallpaper/massive art pieces. Also what about more of an arizona palette (No! NOT peach and turqouise with howling coyotes in bandanas!) there are some GREAT earthy colors out there.
Chocolate lavendar and lime is always a pleasing combo.
Mexico is THE PLACE for iron and copper worked items- also can be worked into a frenchy theme....
Please, someone take the Las Vegas Parisien Suite outside and shoot it directly between it's eyes... I bet, Beth, that down deep you REALLY want a room like that but know you'd never live it down in this family...uh huh...fess up Girl.
All other ideas noted and appreciated. One question, Marissa, are you leaning towards fuzzy pink teddy bears or 7' stuffed elk carcasses? ...just wondering.
Cindy,
I of course only like a stuffed animal when I know it was once breathing.
OK all, Marissa's birthday = taxidermy!
I'm thinkin' chihuahua.
I got it covered.
Well, now that I have lived in Turkey 8 months or so, I have picked up on their interior decorating tastes and I really think you should adopt them: A bright red Turkey flag and a picture of Ataturk. They are absolutely everywhere here and I'm sure they would look lovely in your new home.
zach
Matthew, btw, I can't believe your apartment is only 38 m2. That is nuts. I think the average over here is like 110. My hats off to you guys.
zdogbroness
What's crazy is; some of my co-students are paying 500 Euros and upwards (about 700 dollars) for 30m².
Munich is simply exspensive. Someone was saying the other day that Munich is the most exspensive city in the world, but I don't really believe that...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home