Friday, March 14, 2008

Ausstellung

Here's a few pics of our exhibit Architektur im Kreis der Künste

12 Comments:

Blogger Zach & Laura said...

Am I the only who cannot see the pics? I see a big white square.
laura

3/16/08, 11:01 AM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

no you're not. Isn't it so abstract.....so clean looking. Leave it to the germans.

3/16/08, 2:19 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

Those pics were wonderful, M&M!!! The exhibit is so much larger than what I had imagined. Very, very cool...

3/16/08, 3:24 PM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

Is this perhaps a youtube link? If so, Turkey has again banned youtube for the 3rd time since we have been here. It has been almost a week this time. I am really bummed as I am missing watching American Idol on there! Poor me! But anyhoo, maybe that is why it isn't working for us.
laura
p.s. If Ataturk (the founder) is slandered in any way this is against the law, and they will ban it until Youtube takes the video or whatever it is off the site.

3/17/08, 12:33 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

It's not on youtube. Maybe you have to allow your browser's pop ups?

3/17/08, 1:00 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

I know the thing with banning youtube sounds crazy at first but I was just thinking that I very much respect how much the Turks care about these things. They take loyalty and honor much more seriously than we all do.

3/17/08, 1:07 AM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

the pictures are amazing! I can't imagine what the room must have felt like when you were done.

3/17/08, 1:37 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

The pic's are on Marissa's Picasa web album so you might be able to view them there too.

3/17/08, 1:57 AM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

They are magical! I can't believe what they're made of...

Is someone actually sitting on one of the balls?

You guys spent so much time - well worth it. Gorgeous.

3/19/08, 6:36 AM  
Blogger Chaddo said...

this is totally sweet

bravo matthew et all

3/19/08, 10:52 AM  
Blogger Chaddo said...

btw Laura you can still get to youtube by using a web proxy even if you're in turkey

i know guys who are in iran and other coutnries and they use proxies to access "illegal/banned" sites

3/19/08, 10:53 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

The "balls" of the project are the 'cocoons'

Yeah, they're meant to be sat in, kind of like those womb/nest chair things of the 60's. The interesting part is when someone sits down in one of them, the entire exhibit shifts/adjust to the weight. Everything is interconnected.

3/19/08, 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home