Sunday, March 23, 2008

E.D.?

SO yesterday after a long pause, Cedar casually asked me a question. "Mom, can I have some Levitra? I have a runny nose."

OK - that's just good marketing.



By the way - Happy Easter you all. Fond memories of peanut butter eggs, rejected black jelly beans and the young ones running in circles...

BY the by - I did find a nearly flat-chested Barbie - Ballerina Barbie is perfecto (also, way less make-up - who knew theatre girls had evolved?)

10 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

I miss those malted-egg things. With the bright colored candy shells.

3/23/08, 11:25 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Remember when Abi barfed those blue half-digested peeps into the pocket of Chad's leather jacket? Blue barf!!! Pure poison... I miss it.

3/23/08, 12:11 PM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

I thoroughly miss the toxic candy as well. It's hard to imagine Easter without any of the family, it just didn't feel right.

3/23/08, 6:45 PM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

The first candy purchase made were those malted eggs. Remember how we'd cover our lips with them and sneak in to "kiss" mom and dad?

How did I miss the blue barf? That is a precious moment.

3/24/08, 6:10 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

I miss our Easter kid-related memories. Something of a shock to realize how Easter is celebrated down here. The first part of Semana Santa (Holy Week) is fine, lots of families comimg into town to visit, go to the beach, picnic. But at the end of the week, from Thursday on it turns into one enormous beer bash, loud-loud music til four in the morning, drunken men still reeling around parking lots at 7 a.m. on Easter Sunday morning. I would pay to get out of town next year. I am missing blue barf in daddies pockets....

3/24/08, 7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw we never could get that blue barf all out of my pocket. if you look in there today you'll see some crusty stuff we just couldn't get to way down in the corners.

the preservatives in that stuff kept it as fresh as the day it was puked out

3/24/08, 7:58 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

I couldn't find any of the good easter candy around here. So don't feel bad overseas people!
Today some new neighbors friends (age 7,7, and 9 and a few cousins)came by and seeing the remnants of the kids baskets told me they didn't get any candy or easter baskets. Made me feel so sad for them. But also grateful for the love i have received. Thanks mom and dad!!!!

3/24/08, 6:28 PM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

Hols, is it that there is no $ or no consideration?

3/24/08, 8:15 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

not sure... haven't seen the inside of the house or met the mom yet. but i think it may be the latter.

3/24/08, 8:27 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

In a related situation, we attended a birthday party for an 11yr.old Canadian/Mexican little girl and I noticed at the party that this little girl's cousin (also a girl-full Mexican) seemed out of sorts and kinda sad. Turns out that she was happy for her cousin but sad that her mother has never even had a cake or small family party for her in her entire life....and they are not poor... my heart goes out to the forgotton ones.

3/26/08, 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home