Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Frohe Ostern


We went to Salzburg in Austria for Easter. Jessica Carr is visiting us and it has been so much fun! And yet the holiday made me miss the American part of my family so much. I really miss just sitting in the living room and talking with you. How was your Easter? For the planners and those who live abroad: Will you be in Valpo for Christmas?

4 Comments:

Blogger mummers said...

I wasn't sure of what I was looking at in the pic on the right, but when I enlarged it -- Wow! Little bit of Easter Bunny Wonderland - gorgeous window!
Mexico has a twisted sense of how to do Easter, I mean they're really missing it - in our state alone there were approx. 400 injured and 69 people died - there are 30 some states. And I wouldn't be surprised if most of this was alcohol related. Tell me how much we missed you all...

We are planning to be in Valpo for Christmas. Matt & Erin are going to spend the week at their parents to give us some family time in the homestead. Details to follow later in the year.

3/26/08, 12:10 PM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

Yeah, we'll try and make it for Christmas.
Our Easter felt so rushed and un holidayish.
We had a pancake breakfast at the church, did the mornign service, adn then drove to cody where Ron married a couple we have been counselling. That is an amazing story- Fri night the bride rolls her pickup, has MAJOR injuries. Sat, we hear she wants to go on with the wedding so me and a few other girls pull a late late night getting everything ready and they get married on Sunday. It was wild. It was emotional. It was really a great wedding. But whew! Easter, what Easter??

3/27/08, 7:11 PM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

I went to the beach and did handstands. My scientology friends said they wanted to support my holiday so they paid for my lunch. I will be home for christmas even if I have to hitchhike there.

3/27/08, 10:23 PM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

I wanna be home too. I really miss everyone. And if we don't bring our kids - where will the hysterical chaos come from? I'm just hoping for more blue barf...

Truly though, maybe we could sic Chad on this idea... I'd love to video document the time - comings/goings, houses in the neighborhood, Christmas morning whatever. What so you guys think? Sometimes I just crave the feeling of all of us together. The world seems to feels insulated and safe somehow.

3/28/08, 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home