Tunisia
We spent a week in Sousse, Tunisia (Northern Africa). Relaxing vacation, very interesting culture. It made us realize that Munich is where we feel at home now. Do you know the feeling? Are your relatively new homes (L.A., Ankara, Mazatlan) what you mean when you say "home"?

9 Comments:
Intriguing destination. What led to this choice? Opportunity? Whim? Novel? Freebie?
Believe it or not, Tunisia is a rather common 'beach vacation' spot for Germans. There were also many French and British there too. Tunisia was a good fit for us because they speak French there for one, and two, there's plenty of sketching opportunities; there's a lot of Roman ruins, Carthage, etc. In any case, we found a super cheap package deal/all inclusive and that was that.
I would say that after spending a week in Valparaiso i feel more at home here than ever. it's funny but i'm going through this funny kind of emotional thing right now that I feel is part of the new surroundings. It's easy to get caught up in LA with what everyone else is doing and to lose track of why you're here. I've been pretty isolated lately thinking about it but I think a byproduct of that isolation is that I'm really starting to settle into this town. Natural I guess.
Something natural in L.A.?
Stop the presses!
chicago is definitely home
hols and I have lived here longer than we've lived anywhere else, I think thats the main reason
for me, natural surroundings feel repulsive to me at times, but the community of people here make it feel like home..
matt your a stud. marissa-a goddess.
Whats the mysterious white arrow?
Ankara is home I guess. We would love to say that we like it here, but Ankara is kind of a blah city. All of Turkey is surrounded by water practically and you can't help but think that you are missing out when you leave in the middle. I think when we are in the States for a bit this summer, that we will miss our home in Ankara, at least I hope so.
Home is a weird thing for me.Since high school, I have gone from Colorado to California to Oregon and now to Ankara and I see us moving to Istanbul maybe in 4 year or so. I can never quite put down roots. So I just try to make the most of it wherever I am.
deep thoughts baby.
Z
It's a little hard for me to feel like I'm "home" when in actuality I have lived in four different people's homes since we've been here in Mexico. But even when I'm in the home we own in Valpo it's beginning to feel like a place I visit. I guess I most feel like I'm home when I'm surrounded by all my kidlets, kidlet-in-laws and mini-kidlets.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home