Monday, July 21, 2008

Ode to an Uncle


To an Uncle spewing prose
like some people blow their nose,
To a creative man of mirth
priceless in terms of worth,
To the writer in the clan
from this, an overseas fan,
Happy Birthday!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The originality
that you ascribe to me
has taken obvious root
in your creative snoot.

Thanks for the awesome tribute card.
This birthday is shaping up to be a memorable one.
You should all know that the things you do that I have never, allow me to live vicariously through you. I'm on sensory overload because of it, I'll have you know.

7/21/08, 10:13 AM  
Blogger levi fuson said...

you should write greeting cards or something... :)

l.

7/21/08, 11:31 AM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

to an uncle throwing up words
as often as some make terds
to a man who makes us laugh
more often than I take a bath
priceless in worth
...........who looks like...........Colin Firth? aww shit.

your poetically gifted nephew,

Nathanael

7/22/08, 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eloquent as you may be, I believe it's "tUrds."

Your effort has not gone unnoticed. Marks have been made in the "Big Book of Un-Take-Backable Statements."

7/23/08, 9:06 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

I've thrown dust in my hair,
I've torn my shirt,
I forgot your birthday -
I wail in the dirt....

PLEASE FORGIVE ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Blame it on the one-hour jet lag)

Your beloved sister

7/30/08, 8:05 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

OOOXXX (I learned that from your mom)
Its wonderful to be in blogland with you, it makes me feel loved. Best wishes this year!!

8/2/08, 7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anyone is still looking down the threads this far, you may be happy to learn that my advancing age has not prevented my lovely bride from honoring my birthday this year with the gift of a Wii. Maturity beaten back once again. I'm working on my tennis elbow. The future of my avatar is so bright he has to wear shades.

8/8/08, 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home