Someone has to have a story
Today at an intersection of my downtown a very white hearse broke down. I has to look twice though. Was it a jacked up limo? No, the tow truck was there with all the dark and greasy auto parts getting under the shiny long whiteness.
It caught me strangely.
Would anyone have a good story for this one?
It caught me strangely.
Would anyone have a good story for this one?
Blogged with the Flock Browser

5 Comments:
No.
If you're starting to see "special things," maybe the story will come from you. Hate to toss this back in your face, but I sense that you are in an awesome place in life where anything can happen. Write something silly/good/scary/tender ... whatever. Or all.
Between all the world's sign-ins, passwords and supersecret stuff that allows you to say stuff on a website, I've never quite figured the path to so original posts here. I'm not looking for a lesson. I'm just explaining why this thread is the vehicle for my birthday wishes to my sister.
For many of you, she's Mom or Mominlaw. For me, she's my only sibling and the one who had to put up with me when she'd rather be doing anything other than babysitting. We grew up with the same house construction projects, the same big old cottonwood tree, the same fieldstone collecting and subsequent hard-time rock splitting for the stone, functional art pieces in the back yard, the same gi-normous lawn mowing duties (tho I benefitted from later escalation in lawn-mowing toolage), the same pets (Phoebe and Chris - yeah, I got to watch them both die) and the same strangely awesome parents whose personalities formed the launching point for our own.
Crazy how fast it all seems to go by.
Happy Birthday Sistah!
This one is the big ahem-ahem, is it not?
For a moment there, I thought Mary Bowman had met with an untimely passing or something. Nothing goes with a pink casket quite like a white hurse if you know what I mean. Was it a caddy by chance...?
Thanks little bro for the Birthday Wishes. Yes, it WAS the big 6-0 or as we refer to it around the house, The Sensational Sixties! And I didn't mind the babysitting, you were a cute little guy. It was the fall from the Only Child Throne that spanked my patootie as only an entrance into the real world can .... where we are not the center of the universe... sigh!
Talk about center of the universe! Until you wrote this, I never once in my life considered what the impact of my arrival might have been! It has never shadowed my mind that you spent the first six years of your life as an only child. Talk about self-centeredness! (Mine, I mean.)
Oy-freakin'-vey! I'll ship something off e-wise to whatever address I have for you and see what happens.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home