Saturday, August 23, 2008

Big Heart of Gratefulness

I wanted to thank you all for vacation. I came home feeling so loved. I felt charged to reach out and love the people around me. Somehow I received a freedom from you all. From your compassion towards me and your encouragement.. Seeing you walk your faith out with a greater knowledge of the grace and mercy of God impacted me so much. Observing the many variations of Christianity in our midst broadened me, as well. It stretches my thinking on life... I came back really feeling like I had been on a spiritual retreat even though all we did was mostly gab at each other!! I just can't describe to you how different I feel. I had been so low before and you all really put wind in my sails.

11 Comments:

Blogger Nathanael said...

I truly appreciated my time with all of you as well. I have no better model of love existing in the midst of cultural and doctrinal differences. I felt so encouraged. You guys are an amazing group of individuals who I deeply respect. I know a bunch of you guys were listening to me process my girl drama which I appreciate and have a bit of news. I met someone! She isn't any of the three girls i was talking about which is crazy but she's awesome. You'll have to email me if you want to know anything more!

8/26/08, 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathanael - I can't wait to hear the whole story on some time around Christmas, sitting with a Miller's Light at Tony's or Buffalo Wild Wings... I really can't wait!!!!!

8/27/08, 11:51 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Yeah, guys, your presence with all the little grandlets was just what the doctor ordered for Noni. It's good to see that you have your priorities in order - "people over things i.e. preferences, opinions, positions, etc." We all are shaped by the hand of God in a unique fashion for HIS purposes and if you all looked like cardboard cut-outs we would have failed somewhere along the line. I like the fact that love covers all and we can appreciate our differences as well as similarities. I am so very proud of every one of you (that includes the German contingent!) xxxoooxxx

8/28/08, 6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously???? Miller Lite??? Marissa, you're killing me!

8/28/08, 7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marissa, give beerchunkle your primer on "Miller and Budweiser are not beer but a different type of drink altogether"

8/28/08, 7:23 AM  
Blogger levi fuson said...

we like to call it rat piss....

although the High Life??!!

8/28/08, 12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My "Arrogant Bastard Ale" glass denounces that stuff as fizzy yellow water.

8/29/08, 7:20 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

I think that Old Style is the best American beer because it doesn't try to taste like beer.

8/31/08, 3:48 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

your hilarious marissa

9/1/08, 12:23 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

I just wanted to say how proud I am of all my sons, sons in law, daughters, daughters in law and grandkids...I really enjoyed my time with all of you...you handle yourself so well and show a maturity that makes our time together sweet. I am especially thankful for the love that you all have for one another....I think we all know that our times together are infrequent and consequently very special... to be enjoyed and cherished. I have an undiminishing, deep love for all of you and will enjoy memories of our week together throughout the year.
love - dad

9/4/08, 3:37 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

we love you too dad.

9/11/08, 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home